- 17-Jan-2017 to 18-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Full Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Able to decipher blueprints explaining how to weld together multiple materials, using correct procedures.
2. Welds according to GMAC, FCAW, and SAW procedures.
3. Provides expertise to other welders in fitting materials together for welding.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
2. Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
3. Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure
4. Respectfully takes direction from supervisor or manager
5. Goggles and welding helmets with dark face plates are worn
6. Wear personal protective equipment in the form of heavy leather gloves and protective long sleeve jackets
7. Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
Five years of experience or more.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training.
Training, Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Preferred Certifications: FCAW
Preferred Licenses: N/A
Training: Forklift, Crane Operation, Automated Welding Systems a plus.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, comprehend instructions and effectively present information
Mathematical Skills: Basic mathematic concepts
Computer Skills: N/A
Reasoning Ability: Common sense understanding of instructions.
Regularly: Stand, sit, reach with hands or arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear and lift more than 100 pounds
Frequently: Walk and use hands to finger
Vision Requirements: Close, peripheral, depth, perception and ability to adjust and focus